About Me

My photo
A NC Mom to 4 wonderful boys, Wife to GREAT Husband, & TK Teacher!! Hey... Add a comment if you want!! I'd love to hear from you!!!

My Blog List

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A New Doll House


I am so excited!!!  I have been wanting to make a cardboard dollhouse for the peg dolls I have been making and I finally did it!!  I found one on Pinterest that I thought I could get done without to much time and effort, and I did it!!!  I went to Dollar General to pick up a few other things, but when I saw the tri-fold display poster board (you know, the kind you use for the science fair) I decided to bring it home and try it out.  It, of course, wasn't the exact measurements that every other tri-fold in a "real" store has, but I just fudged the measurements and did the best I could.  I think it came out great.  My board was 35.5" high, which I thought was way to tall for my peg dolls, so I cut the board in half and continued that way.

I am looking forward to decorating the walls, roof, adding windows, and making some furniture.  I think the kids will get a kick out of it next year.  I am interested in seeing how long it will take 12 4 and 5 year olds to destroy it. 

If you are interested in the tutorial that I used you can go to Jeannie Guzis Photography to get all the info.  She did a really great job detailing the directions and made it so easy to follow and even change up when I needed to change my measurements.  I LOVE Pinterest!!!

I will keep you posted as it comes together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment