About Me

My photo
A NC Mom to 4 wonderful boys, Wife to GREAT Husband, & TK Teacher!! Hey... Add a comment if you want!! I'd love to hear from you!!!

My Blog List

Monday, June 24, 2013

My Journey into TK Begins

(beginning of rock garden in our Outdoor Classroom)
 
 
(rock garden & beginning of container garden space in the background)

The end of the school year was bittersweet.  It is hard letting go of the wonders that these little ones have become in the 10 months that we have had them.  Yet, summer is here and we have been busy her at our house. 

Our first big trip this year was to Cooperstown Dreams Park, in Cooperstown, NY.  Wow, what a trip.  The boys loved it and they did a great job.  While I was gone, I found out that our school had enough interest in our TK program that they would be adding another TK.  Yeah, I was offered the job and I accepted.  How excited I am to be thinking of creating an amazing world of learning for these new little ones coming up.

I have scoured blog land, Pinterest, and the Internet looking for classroom design ideas, curriculum ideas, and how to incorporate the wonders of the outdoor classroom into our daily schedule.  You see, I am committed to sharing the outdoors with my kids as much as possible.  Last year we incorporated the outdoor classroom as much as we could and the kiddos absolutely loved it!!  They learned so much and you could see how they became so comfortable in the outdoor space.  I hope we can continue to bring more to the space. 

Until then... I will start separating my books into themes, gathering my science materials to create an unbelievable science area, figure out how to incorporate a writing space that will be enticing to 4 & 5 yr olds, and a housekeeping area that has both function and flare.  I can't get into my new space until August, but I will definitely be busy dreaming up ideas and when I get there... photos will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment